THE WORLDS FASTEST CROSSBOWS – 450 FPS
REVERSE DRAW TECHNOLOGY
The Reverse Draw Technology created by Jim Kempf has innovated how crossbows should be made. Reverse Draw Technology has many advantages over traditional crossbows and other hunting tools, giving greater performance and efficiency. Reverse Draw Technology is a combination of archery elements that places the riser near the center of the crossbow (better balance); the tips of the limbs go out away from you instead of back towards you; it utilizes an inverted style cam, where the string comes off the front of the cam instead of the back of the cam (increases power stroke by the diameter of the cam); and the string starts out in front of the riser when the bow is at rest, and is latched behind the riser when the bow is cocked (increases power stroke). OK, so that wasn’t really a simple explanation, but it was a whole lot easier saying it than it was actually accomplishing what Reverse Draw Technology does! The combination of all of these elements and uncompromising engineering, along with the Kempf-TEC trigger make Scorpyd’s Patented Reverse Draw Crossbows the World’s best shooting crossbow experience! Numbers don’t lie. When you compare our draw weights, speed, and KE, no conventional crossbow technology can even come close to the performance of Reverse Draw.
THE ADVANTAGES OF REVERSE DRAW
As all hunters know, speed is in the stroke. Shorter brace height bow = longer power stroke. Longer power stroke = faster arrow speed. Faster arrow speed = flatter trajectory. By reversing the riser and limb arrangement, and putting the string at the leading edge, Jim essentially eliminated all of the brace height, which maximized the power stroke. Pulling the string into the curve of the limbs instead of away from the limbs, the power stroke has dramatically increased, and so has performance.
Scorpyd Crossbows is the inventor of Reverse Draw Technology Crossbows with numerous U.S. patents issued and many pending. Our patent pending short travel S.T.A.G. trigger has the industry’s best rated pull at less than 3#, with no creep.
THE KEMPF-TEC TRIGGER
The Patented anti-dryfire (ADF) device is unlike any other. Unlike many of the other brands, which actually fire the string a short distance (and then have a lever catch it), the Kempf-TEC ADF actually prevents the latch from releasing the bowstring if there is no arrow present.
Kempf-TEC places the safety bar directly under the seer lever. So long as the safety is on, it is impossible for the latch to release the string. The safety lever is placed just above the pistol grip of the stock, putting it in just the right place to disengage when ready for the shot. So long as the Kempf-TEC latch assembly is properly used, it will function with superb reliability.
ADDITIONAL SCORPYD FEATURES
- Patent pending lock assembly utilizing MIM technology, Components include Latch, SEER, Safety, Trigger Arm, and unique Anti-dry fire mechanism, industry leading 2.5# trigger pull. All of the safety of heavier triggers, but less than 1/2 the weight. Exclusive direct mount ball bearing trigger arm, for the smoothest pull and no Slop.
- Folding Stock with Magnetic Closure
- CNC engineered Cams with sealed ball bearings and stainless steel axles.
- Barnsdale Laminated Limbs (Available on VTEC, Ventilator, Orion)
- Titanium Fasteners, screws will never rust
- Fully Machined Billet limb pockets
- Fully machined forged riser
- Integrated arrow retainer
- Weaver style scope rail
- Built in rope cocking channel
- Sling Swivels Standard
- Premium Ambidextrous Glass filled nylon stock strength, lightweight.
- Ambidextrous safety with stainless steel actuator
- Exclusive center balance mount for Tripod, Bipod, or Monopod.
- Ergonomically designed safety forearm helps prevent thumb from entering danger zone
- Limbsavers Tiptamers
- Exclusive FOC (Front of Cam) string technology
- Bowjax string stoppers
- Fully Machined FAS-TRAC barrel with hard coat anodizing, will not wear off.
- Billet one piece cable fasteners
- Americas Best strings and cables
- Machined aluminum stirrup with industry first integrated quiver mount and integrated string stoppers.